#83 : According to Annika

from According to Annika : "I'm a writer, journalist and photographer living in the beautiful Swedish countryside. I love reading, watching Glee, playing with my two lovely cats and buying amazing pairs of shoes I don't need online!"


1.Have you got any beauty, makeup and hair tips and stylish secrets?
Don't be afraid to experiment with your looks if that's what you like to do, but I don't think we should feel pressured to try new things if we're comfortable the way we are. My go-to look has always been dark red lipstick, mascara and some dark blush. And every time I try to mix it up a bit, I always feel like I would have looked better if I had just stuck with my red lipstick, haha! Why change a winning concept, right? ;) But I guess that's not a secret. Hmm... don't wash your hair too often, use dry shampoo instead. At least it works for me!

2.When did you first fall in love with fashion?
Well, I was a very late bloomer, I'll tell you that. Up until high school I didn't care one bit about what I put on, and I inherited most of my clothes from my stepfathers younger brothers! I started modeling at age 15 and I guess that's what opened my eyes to the world of fashion. But I was very much into indie/brit pop and I would always wear band t-shirts, striped tights, denim skirts and Converse Allstars. I wasn't interested at all in trends until I was 21, 22, something like that. Told you I was a late bloomer!

3.What inspired you to start your own blog?
I've had a couple of very rough years and in everything that happened, my fashion interest was sort of lost along the way. A few months back, I realized that I missed putting outfits together. Since I live way out in the countryside, a blog is the perfect way for me to share my style, my photography, my thoughts and ideas, and communicate with others all over the world! Also, during this past year, I've been writing features about fashion bloggers for Sweden's biggest fashion magazine and I'm so inspired by the whole blog community, I just really felt like I wanted to be a part of it.

4.What's on your iPod / DVD Player at the moment?
I'm watching all the episodes of Glee for the third time, haha!

5.What are your dreams and aspirations?
I dream of having a big family, acting in a really great feature film, writing a novel (or twenty!). I would love to learn how to write in English so well that in the future I can write columns and articles for international magazines, and I hope my blog will help me reach that goal! I also hope that one day I can give lectures in high schools all over Sweden, talk to the students about the subjects that truly engage me: feminism, self-esteem, bullying, eating disorders and writing.

6.What do you take with you on vacation?
Way too many pairs of uncomfortable high heels, my camera, my computer and a flat airon to keep my bangs from looking crazy!

7. Which designers and/or celebrities most inspire you?
The celebrities that inspire me the most today are Lady Gaga and Alexa Chung, but if I can choose from all eras, I would definitely say the gorgeous Anna Karina and Françoise Hardy during the sixties.

8. What is the one item in your wardrobe you couldn't live without?
I have to say my Jeffrey Campbell litas. Ummm... the black leather ones. They make any outfit look sensational!



9. 5 random facts about yourself. 
1) I treat my two cats like they are my babies. It's almost a bit creepy. 
2) In 2004, I acted in a Swedish movie where I play the mysterious girl the male lead falls in love with - and I seduce him in a gym hall changing room while twenty heavy-set old ladies are doing aerobics a few feet away, haha! 
3) I make pretty awesome pancakes. 
4) When I was a little kid, I sooo wanted to become a veterinarian. I even learned all the names of the horse's muscles in latin! That was before I realized I would have to deal with blood and syringes and put sick animals to sleep, I guess in my mind it was all about making cute cats and bunnies and horses feel better through magic and kindness, I don't know. 
5) Speaking of magic: I am positively obsessed with the Harry Potter-books. I've read each one at least five times and I simply can't get over that I didn't get the letter when I was eleven. There must have been some sort of mistake.

10. Few things you really love about the place you live... 
Oh my gosh, I love everything about the place where I live! Except maybe that we don't have any clothing stores, restaurants, cafés, bookstores or movie theatres - but hey, I have my closet, a stuffed fridge, a dvd player and I can buy whatever I want online. I live out in the middle of nowhere, about twenty minutes from the nearest small town, and I love how quiet it is here. I love the open spaces, the shimmering lake, I love that our cats can play outside all day. I love hanging out in the garden, going for long walks in the woods, I love looking outside my window and seeing our neighbours' horses munching on grass down by the water. And I love how easy it is for me to relax out here. I feel like I've been stressed out most of my life and out here, I can finally exhale and just be me.

11. Your favorite designers and brands? 
I usually prefer Swedish designers and brands - Johanna Vikman, Ida Sjöstedt, Sofifi, Acne, Whyred, Carin Wester... We have a brand and store concept here called Monki (www.monki.com) that have amazing clothes in a very reasonable price range, that's where I buy most of my clothes. I enjoy mixing more classic pieces with fun vintage prints and colors - and oh, I love Jeffrey Campbell shoes. Love'm!

12. Your best fashion buy
Probably something really boring, like my black army boots from Vagabond. They're really comfortable and they go with everything!

13. Something that you really wanted but haven't got it
A pair of sparkly, glitter JC litas! I just can't spend that kind of money right now on a pair of shoes that I won't be able to wear that much. But they're oh so gorgeous. Yeah, I know, I'm a bit litas obsessed at the moment.

14. Where are your favorite places to shop?
Monki, H&M, Weekday, Forever 21, Solestruck.com, Beyond Retro, and all the small vintage and charity shops!

15.If you could go anywhere in the world, where? Why?
Usually I'd say New York, since I always wanted to go there - but now I am, in only a few weeks! So I'll say San Francisco, that seems like a city I'd really enjoy. Oh, and Venice, Italy. I really love Rome and something tells me I'll appreciate Venice even more. But I'm totally excited about NYC, I've dreamed about that city for as long as I can remember and I can't believe I've never been!

16.What are your beauty and makeup must haves?
Dark red lipstick, dark blush and Clinique eye cream. Then I'm all set.

17.What is your favorite thing(s) to eat?
I feel extremely bourgeoisie saying this, but what can you do: I absolutely love lobster!

18.You can't leave house without..
My iPhone.

19.What are some of your favorite blogs?
There are so many blogs that I'm crazy about! Clothes, Cameras and Coffee (http://clothescamerasandcoffee.blogspot.com), Fashion Litter (http://www.fashionlitter.blogspot.com),  Gary Pepper Vintage (http://garypeppervintage.blogspot.com) and Barbro Andersen (http://www.barbroandersen.com), only to name a few!

20.Your favorite magazine is...
Nylon and Lula.


2 comments:

  1. Love this to read! She has a lovely style of writing and it looks like she lives in a really nice place.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments !