#86 : Raspberry & Rouge


Rebecca from Raspberry&Rogue :

1.When did you first fall in love with fashion ?

When I was very young, I always played dress-up with my little sisters. From hippie dresses to Indian sari's, we've tried them all! My love for fashion is something that started as a fun hobby, developing in a more professional all-day everyday occupation in the past few years. 

2.What inspired you to start your own blog?
I have had a passion for fashion for many years. Inspired by streetstyle, magazines and other blogs, I've tried to create something for myself. A place where I can share my inspirations and thoughts with many others. As a sort of diary of my life, in which I can be myself and talk about all the things I love. Furthermore, it is a great way to get to know other fashion addicts! A whole new, very inspiring, world, I'd love to be a part of.

3.What's on your iPod / DVD Player at the moment?

Something that gets into my DVD player every time again is the 'Sex and the City' series and movies. I'm still obsessed. The clothing, the city, the restaurants.. J'adore. My iPod is filled with many sorts of music, but one song I can keep repeating is 'Empire State of Mind' by Jay-Z and Alicia Keys. It makes me homesick to, what I believe, is the greatest city on earth.

4.What do you take with you on vacation?
My boyfriend, camera and Iphone. Some good books, sunscreen and loads bikinis and sundresses. Or leather jackets and booties, depending on the destination.

5. What is the one item in your wardrobe you couldn't live without?
Guess that would be my biker jacket. My throw-over-anything-at-anytime go-to jacket. Over dresses, skirts, skinny jeans and shorts, this black leather jacket adds that bit of edge to every outfit.

6. 5 random facts about yourself. 
1. I am from a big family of eight children.
2. I am obsessed with New York City.
3. I am a tad messy.
4. I am always (fashionably :)) late.
5. I don't like working out.

7. Few things you really love about the place you live... 
I live in Amsterdam, a very free and open city with a gorgeous city centre, dating back many centuries ago. I love the canals, the inspiring people. I love the shops, both vintage and boutiques. I love the little restaurants and bars, scattered all over the city. I love the different boroughs, each with its special identity and little neighborhoods. I love the big parks, in which you can spend all day relaxing in the sun, bbq-ing at night. The only thing I don't like is the shitty weather, most time of the year.

8. Your best fashion buy
My vintage cowboy boots. I've found these boots many years ago in a little vintage shop in Amsterdam, and I've worn them till I really couldn't anymore. I was so sad, but I had to throw them away eventually. They were my personal treasure. But then, something special happened. When I went to Antwerps past summer, I went to a really nice vintage shop, just to browse a bit. And guess what I found... THOSE BOOTS! The exact same pair of boots in my size.. Now they're ain't going anywhere...

9. Something that you really wanted but haven't got it
A designer bag. Just because it is still way out of my budget. That's probably one of the first things I would get if I'd have the money and freedom to buy a pearl of my own!

10. Where are your favorite places to shop?
I love to combine high street shops, such as ZARA and H&M, and sometimes something a bit more expensive, with vintage accessories. Found in my grandmother's closet, flea markets or little vintage shops. That way you can get yourself some great basics, personalized with unique jewellery and bags.

11.If you could go anywhere in the world, where? Why? 
I would go to New Zealand. It's a special place for me since I have a lot of family living there, many of them I haven't seen before. I would love to meet my nieces and get the chance to see parts of their beautiful country. That's something I would love to do sometime..

12.What are your beauty and makeup must haves?
The few thing I can't do without are my Chanel Mademoiselle or Raph Lauren Romance perfume, my Rosebud salve and YSL mascara.

13.What is your favorite thing(s) to eat?
I'm very into foreign food: such as sushi, Indian and Italian food. I can eat almost anything, all day long. It's one of my favourite activities during the day :) 

14.You can't leave house without.. 
My bag, including: Rosebud salve, Iphone and wallet. The rest of the content of my bags varies day to day.

15.Your favorite magazine is
Vogue, Elle & Harper's Bazaar. It doesn't matter if it is American, English, Italian, French or Japanese.. They're always so inspiring!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments !