#91 : the maven post

Marie from the maven post : "My name is Marie.  I live in the sunny Los Angeles, California. I am a fashion blogger. I am addicted to caffeine, native American culture and fashion blogs. I am Czech, German, and Italian. Libra, Alien, Neutral Tones, Animal Lover.I'm a blank sheet and an open book..."

1.Have you got any beauty, makeup and hair tips and stylish secrets?

Baby powder and SPF, thats it.  No fancy products, no insane ritual. :)



2.When did you first fall in love with fashion?

I love the diversity and freedom I get from fashion.  It is such a fun way to express yourself.  I would have to say I have loved fashion ever since middle school when expression became important to me. 



3.What inspired you to start your own blog?

I wanted to be able to remember all the special garment and accessories I had before I had to part with them or they got damaged, lost, or I grew out of.  A way to scrap book memories and outfits without sticky glue. 



4.What's on your iPod / DVD Player at the moment?

Currently listening to my husbands new single Deadliest Weapon by Nik Frost.  Also, Santigold - Creator, Massive Attack - One Love, and The Kills - Black Balloon

5.What are your dreams and aspirations?
My aspirations are to one day be a creative consultant and be able to live off that kind of income.  Nothing fancy :)
6.What do you take with you on vacation?
Awesome flats or sandals because I love to walk around to every part of a place I visit and I would die in heels doing that. 

7. Which designers and/or celebrities most inspire you?
I love Kate Moss and Kate Lanphear's style.  So amazing.  I am inspired by are Rick Owens, Pheobe Philo, and the Olsen twins.

8. What is the one item in your wardrobe you couldn't live without?
My Proenza Schouler PS1 bag.

9. 5 random facts about yourself. 
I have a third degree black belt.
I named my dog Helmut after Helmut Lang
I have a mole in my belly button.
I am the baby girl with three older brothers.
I won the science fair in High School.

10. Few things you really love about the place you live... 
Again, diversity.  Los Angeles has a wealth of diversity and I appreciate every part of it.  Though it might have a shallow representation by some, I am constantly inspired by this city; so much that it is the backdrop to my blog.

11. Your favorite designers and brands? 
Rick Owens, Helmut Lang, Celine, The Row, Jil Sander, and Givenchy.

12. Your best fashion buy?
I have to give myself some credit in this department.  I never pay full price for ANYTHING. Therefore, everything is my best fashion buy! :)

13. Something that you really wanted but haven't got it.
A few bags on my list such as a Balenciaga and Goyard.

14. Where are your favorite places to shop?
I love Barneys New York, Shareen Vintage, Opening Ceremony, and Madison.

15.If you could go anywhere in the world, where? Why?
Paris, do I need to tell you why?

16.What is your favorite thing(s) to eat?
Indian Food, YUMMYYYY.

17.You can't leave house without..
My iPad and Burts Bees Lip Balm

18.What are some of your favorite blogs?

19.Your favorite magazine is
Anything with an amazing Editorial! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments !