#104 : Voila !

Meghan from Voila : "I've loved fashion my entire life. I was raised in Southern California, though my style is anything but California casual. I'm a fashion design grad from FIDM and now work on the fashion team at Google. Shopping and working on my blog are definitely my favorite past times."

Have you got any beauty, makeup and hair tips and stylish secrets? 
One of my best kept secrets is gargling with hydrogen peroxide. I do it twice a day and it keeps my teeth white.

When did you first fall in love with fashion ? 
At a very young age. I would concoct these elaborate and imaginative looks with dress up clothes and my mother's old bridesmaid dresses.  Mid-century movies were my first inspirations, so you can imagine, my looks were very glam and over-the-top.

What inspired you to start your own blog?
The encouragement of friends (a few who are bloggers also) and loved ones, as well as needing a source of justification for my overzealous shopping.

What's on your iPod / DVD Player at the moment?  
I've been watching Mad Men non-stop for the past week, which as led me to revisit some of my kitschier music choices, like Serge Gainsbourg, Koop, and Gotan Project.

What are your dreams and aspirations? 
This is very hard to say. Most of my life, I've never really laid out a plan. It's worked for me to just look for the next opportunity; but I suppose it would be a dream to always work in fashion and be around beautiful clothes.

What do you take with you on vacation?
I take my little cavapoo, Daphne, and an oversized sweater coat. Regardless of the destination, I always manage to feel cold at some point (usually on the plane) and a cuddly oversized knit is just the thing to keep you cozy.

Which designers and/or celebrities most inspire you?
Right after college, I worked for Gregory Parkinson, who has always been an inspiration. His clothes are beautiful and he is such a lovely person.

What is the one item in your wardrobe you couldn't live without?
My Chanel bag. No matter what I'm wearing, it always makes me feel put together and chic.

5 random facts about yourself.
I wear false eyelashes every day. I take my dog everywhere with me--even to the office. I love wine. I used to work as a caricature artist. I have a lot of pets--1 dog, 3 cats and a ferret.

Few things you really love about the place you live...
I love the high ceilings and windows--they make the living room so bright and airy. My building is up against the slews in San Mateo, so I have a view of the water and can hear seagulls when I wake up.

Your favorite designers and brands? 
Gregory Parkinson, Jeffery Campbell, Chanel, Prada, Alice & Olivia, Milly.

Your best fashion buy
 It's a tie between my thrifted leopard Fendi heels and my thrifted lavender patent leather Prada heels.

Something that you really wanted but haven't got it 
The Cambridge Satchel. It's become so trendy that I'm afraid it will pass very quickly, so I can't decide if I will buy it, even though I really want to.

Where are your favorite places to shop? 
Vintage and thrift stores (my favorite is Beacon's Closet in Brooklyn), Gilt, Asos, Nordstrom.

If you could go anywhere in the world, where? Why? 
Paris. Believe it or not, I've never been. I studied French all through high school and have never had a chance to use it.

What are your beauty and makeup must haves?
I'm in love with Chanel's Poudre Universelle. Under my make-up, my secret weapon is Mario Badescu's Vitamin C Serum, which I mix with vitamin E oil. Also, I'm very fair, so I've sampled every self tanner under the sun and can't live without Neutrogena's MicroMist Airbrush Sunless Tanner. Oh, and of course my false eyelashes--no look is complete without them.

What is your favorite thing(s) to eat? 
I love so many things. It would be easier to list what I don't like, but sushi is definitely at the top of the list of my favorites.

You can't leave house without.. 
My phone--it holds my entire world and I feel completely naked without it.

What are some of your favorite blog ? 
This Time Tomorrow, Sterling Style, Atlantic-Pacific, Late Afternoon, Karla's Closet, Shop Sweet Things, and Cheetah is the New Black.

Your favorite magazine is 
Vogue, of course, but I also love Allure for the beauty how-tos. 

1 comments:

Thank you for your comments !