#105 : WhitWatWear


Whitney and Mallory from WhitWatWear : " We are two college roommates who love to spend our free time thrifting, DIYing  and eating. When we are together, we giggle more than we talk.  We are incapable of being serious for photos."

Have you got any beauty, makeup and hair tips and stylish secrets?
A braid can fix any bad hair day.  And a statement necklace or cuff goes a long way!

When did you first fall in love with fashion ?
Mallory: I like to pretend I was a fashionable child.  I used to mix and match my spandex patterned legging/turtleneck outfits, it was as cute as it sounds (not at all).
Whitney: Me too, I used to secretly wear my mom’s heels!

What inspired you to start your own blog?
Partly because we were always so inspired by other amazing bloggers, but mostly because we wanted to document our style evolutions (one of our favorite things about blogs is the histories, so we can see how people’s styles have changed).

What are your dreams and aspirations?
Mallory: I really would like to work in environmental consulting; I want to work on the improving businesses’ environmental practices.  Also to become a famous blogger of course!
Whitney:  I am still working on what I want to do!

What do you take with you on vacation?
Mallory: Sunscreen, SPF 100.  My mom indoctrinated me from a young age to be vigilant against skin damage!  I also always have a crossword book on hand (I’m a grandma).
Whitney: Shower sandals. I am a germaphobe! I hate walking around barefoot!

What is the one item in your wardrobe you couldn't live without?
Mallory:  Denim shirt.  I wear it with everything, and it doubles as a jacket over my tanks in the summer!
Whitney: Jeans. Dresses are a little too fussy for everyday.

5 random facts about us:
1. We are both Molecular Environmental Biology majors
2. We eat way too much junkfood when we are together.  We are starting a gym routine this semester though!
3.  We spent a semester apart when we both studied abroad.  Travelling was awesome. Being apart was not awesome.
4. We always watch bad scary movies together.
5. We are really awkward when we take outfit photos.  We giggle more than we model, and are incapable of taking serious photos.

Few things you really love about the place you live... 
We feel really at home at Berkeley.  Everyone is really laid back and wears whatever they want.  It also has awesome food.  We love food.

Your favorite designers and brands? 
We don’t buy too many designer pieces (we are starving college students), but when we do we buy bags.  Marc by Marc Jacobs and Coach are our favorites.  We dream of a day when we can afford Chanel bags.  Too bad we are environmental science majors…

Your best fashion buy
We recently thrifted a silk robe for $10 that we converted into a kimono jacket. We both love it so much we fight over who gets to wear it!

Something that you really wanted but haven't got it
Mallory: A sheer maxi skirt.  I love the ones at American Apparel.
Whitney: I get everything I want.  Joking, but nothing specific comes to mind right now. 

Where are your favorite places to shop?
Thrift stores, HM, Anthropologie, J. Crew, Zara.

If you could go anywhere in the world, where? Why?
Mallory: Morocco.  They have the most amazing textiles and leather bags.  I also really want to ride a camel.
Whitney: Europe. 

What are some of your favorite blog ?
We love SongofStyle, The Man Repeller, Blushing Ambition and Honestly, WTF. 

Your favorite magazine is
Does the Free People Catalog count?  Actually, we don’t subscribe to any magazines, but we love thumbing through Vogue at the grocery store (it’s too expensive!).


1 comments:

Thank you for your comments !