#106 : Mona is a Pirate


"Hi, I'm Mona from Mona is a Pirate (http://monaisapirate.blogspot.com), I'm 20 and I'm a medical student."


Have you got any beauty, makeup and hair tips and stylish secrets?
I'm really bad with my make up & my hair! Trying to get better though. The last thing I discovered was the Primer Potion from Urban Decay. It changed my eye-make up!

When did you first fall in love with fashion ?
When I saw Liv Tyler in Empire Records, I was in love with her 90's look.

What inspired you to start your own blog?
I wanted to share my fashion finds.

What's on your iPod / DVD Player at the moment?
I listen to the Drums and the Smiths all day long. Seriously.
I have a lot of DVD to watch. Hitchcock, Lars Von Trier and Godard mostly.

What are your dreams and aspirations?
I wanna become a doctor, a great one. With great clothes haha!

What do you take with you on vacation?
Tons of books, tons of clothes, running shoes (even if I won't use them), my macbook, my camera, cards (to play poker of course!),... Well I take too many things.

Which designers and/or celebrities most inspire you?
For the designers, it would be Maison Martin Margiela, Alexander McQueen, Balmain, Burberry, Alexander Wang, Acne & Chanel.
The celebrities? Hard to say. Kate Moss without a doubt, Freja Beha Erichsen too, and of course Brigitte Bardot.

What is the one item in your wardrobe you couldn't live without?
My black Chelsea boots!

5 random facts about yourself. 
I play violin, I have blue & grey crystals in my eyes (weird but pretty), I can't say "squirrel" and I want to be a forensic since I was 10.

Few things you really love about the place you live... 
Brussels is full of different cultures, different languages. It's not a too big city, you still can live in it, and have a decent lifestyle. I like this.

Your favorite designers and brands? 
Again, my favourites are the ones that inspire me.

Your best fashion buy
Chelsea boots -it became an obsession-

Something that you really wanted but haven't got it
A top with a wolf on it. Mmmh (still thinking about it)

Where are your favorite places to shop?
All Saints, Topshop, The Kooples, Urban Outfitters.

If you could go anywhere in the world, where? Why?
New York or London. I have a great feeling in these cities, like I belong to them. Like it.

What are your beauty and makeup must haves?
Powder from Nuxe, Primer Potion from Urban Decay, Eyeliner stylo from Nars for the make up. Some Body Shop or Lush body cream for the beauty must haves.

What is your favorite thing(s) to eat?
Pizza! Especially in Italy. I could eat pizza every day.

You can't leave house without..
My rings.

What are some of your favorite blog ?
LeblogdeBetty, Garance Doré, Fashion Squad Adeline Rapon...

Your favorite magazine is
I don't read lots of fashion magazines, except Vogue once in a while.

1 comments:

  1. i always adore science students whos got great fashion sense and mona is def one of em! x

    sydsense.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments !