#108 : kastor & pollux

Bianca from kastor & pollux
1.Have you got any beauty, makeup and hair tips and stylish secrets?
My number one beauty tip is to get a lot of sleep and to drink a lot of water. After that, you won't need much make up (I generally believe too much concealer/foundation/whatever looks terrible, and that natural is always better). My hair, on the other hand, is a big, dry and frizzy mess so I don't think you'll be needing tips from me on that.

2.When did you first fall in love with fashion ?
I dressed like a boy for all of elementary school and most of high school. It wasn't until about grade eleven that I actually cared how I looked and what was fashionable.

3.What inspired you to start your own blog?
Fashion blogs weren't interesting to me until my friend and business partner Danielle and I started kastorandpollux.com. We thought blogging was a good way to get our names out there.

4.What's on your iPod / DVD Player at the moment?
I listen to an odd variety of music. Skrillex, Frank Ocean, Olly Murs, Kanye West (and more recently, his album with Jay-Z) N*E*R*D, Childish Gambino and John Mayer have been on repeat for the last few months.

5. Which designers and/or celebrities most inspire you?
I enjoy Marc Jacobs, Alexander Wang and Stella McCartney's work but what I really love is styling as opposed to design. I love looking at J.Crew, Topshop and Club Monaco lookbooks. The styling is on point. As for celebrities, I idolize Kate Bosworth, Devon Aoki (do models count?) and Hanna Beth (do fallen internet scene queens count?).

6. What is the one item in your wardrobe you couldn't live without?
Fashion trends are always changing so I honestly think that at some point, every item in my wardrobe will be tossed and replaced. I can live without material things.

7. 5 random facts about yourself. 
I have a dog named Harrison Ford. I am deathly afraid of butterflies. I used to dress like a gothic man so a lot of the time my look now is influenced by gothic men (that sounds really, really stupid...). I eat everything and anything, at all times of the day. I learned everything I needed in life by playing on neopets.com (I kid you not).

8. Your best fashion buy
Pretty much everything I own is my ~best~ fashion buy because they are all either thrifted or on sale. I'm a starving university student, after all.

9. Something that you really wanted but haven't got it
I really want shoes, lots of shoes. No shoes in particular, I just want many.

10. Where are your favorite places to shop?
Gap is the first place I'll shop, not only because I work there and get a discount, but because it's good quality and practical. Club Monaco and asos.com are a few favourites. I go to H&M and Forever 21 for jewelry and one-season trend pieces. And finally, thrift stores. Not the fancy "vintage shop" kind, but the dirty, smelly department store kind.

11.If you could go anywhere in the world, where? Why?
I would probably go to London or Paris because I hear it's beautiful and everyone dresses well.

12.What are your beauty and makeup must haves?
I think I'm pretty low maintenance and I therefore don't have a beauty/makeup must-have. Vaseline, maybe? My lips get dry.

13.What is your favorite thing(s) to eat?
Wendy's or New York Fries fries. And bacon. I love bacon.

14.You can't leave house without..
My iPhone! 

15.What are some of your favorite blogs ?
I used to like Rumi Neely's fashiontoast.com the most (just like everybody else in the world) but lately I'm going for more eccentric and over-the-top bloggers like Madeline Hansen of jeangreige.blogspot.com and Christine Lai of christeric.blogspot.com. I also like to look at pretty pictures on oraclefox.blogspot.com and read DIYs on honestlywtf.com




1 comments:

Thank you for your comments !