#109 : intrepid inspirations

Zoe from intrepid inspirations : "I’m a 19 year old student, photographer and blogger from England. I love clothes and fashion, and I look for inspiration in every aspect of my life!"


1.Have you got any beauty, makeup and hair tips and stylish secrets?
I’m really into bright lipstick. I’ve been collecting up a stash of different colours for years and I’m finally getting round to wearing them. Hair-wise, I’ve got very thick hair, which does basically whatever it wants, and if you’ve seen my roots, you’ll notice that I just kind of roll with it!
2.When did you first fall in love with fashion ?
Actually quite late on in my adolescence. Around about the time I decided I wanted to be different and not look like everyone else does. Then I subscribed to Vogue, and my friend and I used to leaf through every edition in detail during school lunchtime. That really got me going.
3.What inspired you to start your own blog?
I wasn’t actually very aware of the fashionblogosphere, until about a year ago, when my friend showed me her friend’s blog, and I wanted to be part of the fun! I’ve always have opinions on fashion, style and other people’s outfits and I thought it time to share it with the world! And hope that they’d be interested!
4.What's on your iPod / DVD Player at the moment?
My music taste is very varied! I like everything that isn’t death metal. At the moment I can’t stop listening to Ray Charles, Ella Fitzgerald, Led Zeppelin, The Smiths, Balkan Beat Box and (cringe) myself! I’m a singer, and I like to listen back to myself to see how I can improve! In my DVD player is Despicable Me – the best animated film since Up.
5.What are your dreams and aspirations?
The ultimate dream: to be a singer. But I have so many interests that I want to build on, so it could be a fashion writer – I’d love to have a column!
6.What do you take with you on vacation?
A million books (I read at the speed of light), new music on my iPod and most importantly suncream. I don’t burn easily, but, boy, when I do!
7. Which designers and/or celebrities most inspire you?
Vera Wang, for elegance. Isabel Lucas, for her bohemian-ness! And Michelle Harper, for her confidence to shine.
8. What is the one item in your wardrobe you couldn't live without?
My brown lace up boots. I’ve had them for years and they’ve never let me down.
9. 5 random facts about yourself. 
I sing more than I talk, I love Aberdeen angus fillet steak, I love huge dogs, I saved a life when working with the ambulance service, and there is a hiphop dancer inside my soul.
10. Few things you really love about the place you live... 
Oxford is the most beautiful city. The college building are gorgeous, but about 10 minutes away there is the most beautiful countryside.
11. Your favorite designers and brands? 
Rag & Bone and Kurt Geiger
12. Your best fashion buy
My Kurt Geiger black heels. They can be worn with almost anything, and I got them in a charity shop for only £8.99 so they were cheap as hell.
13. Something that you really wanted but haven't got it
A ball gown. I’ve had the image in my head since my leavers’ ball at school. Floor length, deep red, very low back. I can’t stop thinking about it, but I don’t think it exists.
14. Where are your favorite places to shop?
Charity shops, second hand stores etc. If you look hard enough, you can always find something good.
15.If you could go anywhere in the world, where? Why?
Kenya, because I’ve always wanted to go on safari. But mostly, I’d like to go back to Israel. I just spent a year there, and I miss all the friends I made.
16.What are your beauty and makeup must haves?
MAC matte lipstick. I can wear it for hours and it doesn’t fade or smudge. Also, every different colour of nail polish.
17.What is your favorite thing(s) to eat?
Steak. Medium rare.
18.You can't leave house without..
Phone, money, keys, iPod. I say that to myself every time I walk out the door.
19.What are some of your favorite blogs ?
20.Your favorite magazine is

Predictably, Vogue. And also, Phoenix. It’s new and comes out close to Fashion week.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments !