#112 : Sugarlaws


Katy from Sugarlaws : "My name is Katy, and I'm a food, fashion and beauty blogger who recently moved from Manhattan to Texas!  I love everything that's easy and elegant -- in food and in clothes!"

Have you got any beauty, makeup and hair tips and stylish secrets?
Confidence is key!  When you feel comfortable and great about yourself, that's when you'll look your best.  (And don't wash your hair every day!)

What inspired you to start your own blog?
I started it four years ago, originally as a food blog, and then added fashion and beauty about two years later.  When I began it, Sugarlaws was just a fun hobby and a way for me to keep track of all the recipes I was making -- obviously, four years later, it's grown to be a lot more than that!

What's on your iPod / DVD Player at the moment?
Lady Gaga and Foster the People -- any my all-time favorites, Counting Crows and Bob Dylan.

What are your dreams and aspirations?
I never try to have one specific goal in mind -- I've found that you can never predict the opportunities that come your way, so the best plan is just to keep an open mind and 

What do you take with you on vacation?
My iPad loaded with books and movies, and my favorite island-y pieces from Calypso!

Which designers and/or celebrities most inspire you?
I love really cute, put-together celebrities like Rachel Bilson and Olivia Palermo -- both have such fabulous senses of style and always look so chic.  But the most inspiring are my fellow fashion bloggers -- I'd pick them over celebs for true personal style any day!

What is the one item in your wardrobe you couldn't live without?
Platform heels!  I'm 5'3", so I always need a little help in the height department.

Few things you really love about the place you live...
I just got to Texas, so I'm still getting used to it!  I love how friendly everyone is here -- and the weather can't be beat (at least, until next August rolls around).  But I loved NYC as well -- I definitely miss getting to walk everywhere, and all the amazing shopping!Your best fashion buy?I just bought the Chanel quilted purse, and I'm obsessed with it -- although I'm still too scared to carry it around everyday.  I don't want anything to happen to it!

Where are your favorite places to shop?
In New York, I love Saks, Bergdorf's, Barneys and Intermix, as well staples like Zara and Topshop.  In Texas, I'm starting to discover the amazing vintage and consignment shops here -- they're incredible!

If you could go anywhere in the world, where? Why?
I've always wanted to go to Africa -- that's my dream vacation!

What are your beauty and makeup must haves?
I've recently discovered Cle de Peau beauty products, and they're so incredible -- and a spray tan is a must!  In Texas, they're so much cheaper than NYC and I've been getting one a week.  I always have them go really light though -- no girl wants to be orange!

What is your favorite thing(s) to eat?
Blue cheese and freshly baked bread -- there's nothing better on earth.

You can't leave house without..
One of my favorite lipsticks and my iPhone, for snapping pictures for Twitter on the go!

What was the last thing you bought?
A vintage Lanvin top at a consignment store in Texas -- for $200!  It probably retailed for about $1500 new, so it was a huge score for me!



1 comments:

Thank you for your comments !