#116 : Miss Kasia


Kasia from Miss Kasia : " 20 year old student, fashion blogger and life lover. I’m a day dream believer and coffee enthusiast, who thinks life is too short not to look fashionable everyday! "

Have you got any beauty, makeup and hair tips and stylish secrets?
Two times a week, after washing my hair, instead of rinsing off the conditioner after the ordinary 2-3 minutes, I leave it on for about 15-20 minutes, safe in a shower cap! (At this point I usually do a face mask as well, the mud-based ones are my favourite) Afterwards, when I rinse it all off, my hair is so silky and smooth! Works like a charm, especially for those whose hair, like mine, tends to be on the dry side.
Another tip revolves around skinny jeans! You know when you buy a pair of the perfect skinny jeans, you love them, and you use them so much only to realize that after a while they’re ‘not so skinny’ anymore? Well, instead of lamenting over the stretchy properties of jeans, it is much better if we use it to our advantage! In order to keep jeans looking as skinny as possible, a tip is to buy them in a size smaller than you would usually. I know, it does sound crazy. The first couple of hours might not be as glamorous, but afterwards they will stretch out (remember?) and you will feel as comfortable in them as in any jeans – minus the baggy factor!

When did you first fall in love with fashion ?
I have always had an interest in fashion and styling, however that does not mean that I have always understood it. I had a misconceived perception of fashion, and it wasn’t until a couple years ago that I finally found out the true meaning behind fashion. My Mom has helped lead the way for me to find my own style, and I thank her for that! (It’s great to have a stylish Mom!) But I am still learning new things everyday, especially when it comes to discerning natural street fashion from genuine style.

What inspired you to start your own blog?
I am the kind of person who has always had a blog. I started my first blog when I was 11 years old, and since then I have had about 20, some which I wrote alone, and some with a friend. They ranged everywhere from celebrities to fan fiction and even html. I have also had an anonymous blog which was more like a diary. But before this one, I had never had one which was about me, personally. And about my style. That is why one bright, sunny day in June 2010, my friend Vicky and I were discussing bloggers and we decided to each get a blog. And so it began! I’m the only one who followed through though, really.

What's on your iPod / DVD Player at the moment?
Coldplay – Paradise

What are your dreams and aspirations?
I have always had acting aspirations. I love the thought of getting into character, of being someone else, of feeling the feelings of someone else. It inspires me! It’s a bit the same with fashion though: through the clothes you wear you can be anything and anyone, and say it to the world without uttering a word. However, acting is a difficult road, so we’ll see how it goes. Apart from that, I long to write my own novel!

What do you take with you on vacation?
What don’t I take on vacation!

Which designers and/or celebrities most inspire you?
Chanel for its classic and timeless pieces, Burberry for its outdoor beauties, and Jimmy Choo for his breathtaking accessories! As for celebrities, I adore Emma Watson’s fashion sense. She looks flawless and classy in whatever she wears! For street style I turn to Victoria Beckham, Mary-Kate and Ashley, Blake Lively and also Ashley Tisdale.

What is the one item in your wardrobe you couldn't live without?
I’m not a huge fan of jeans, I much prefer leggings because they are much more comfortable to move around in! That’s why it will have to be my black leggings!
5 random facts about yourself. 
1. I am nocturnal.
2. I am the most skilled procrastinator you will ever meet.

3. I love photographs. they never change.. only the people in them do. 
4. I pay attention to detail.
5. I am a perfectionist.


Your favorite designers and brands? 
I love Chanel. I believe it’s the fashion house that is the epitome of class and elegance. Timeless pieces combined with a bit of edge! That’s how I would describe my style: basic with an edge. I love Chanel’s simplicity and minimalism, its timelessness yet with that little twist!

Your best fashion buy
My Litas by Jeffrey Campbell, without a doubt! Ever since I got them every other shoe in my closet just looses its shine...

Something that you really wanted but haven't got it         
My dream bag, that is a black Chanel 2.55 beauty!

Where are your favorite places to shop?
Apart from the usual high street stores like H&M, Gina Tricot, Zara, Topshop, Oasis and Office for shoes and such, I like going into random boutiques and seeing what I can find. I have found some very cute accessories in the most random shops! You never know what you’ll find! But I also think one should have pieces that are a bit more expensive, but of a higher quality. A leather jacket or great leather boots for Autumn/Winter are some items from that category, just to name a few. I want my clothes to be good looking, but it’s also very important that I look good in them. After all, what is a good looking piece if it only looks good on the hanger?

If you could go anywhere in the world, where? Why?
I would go back to Thailand. I went there in the Summer of 2009 and have longed to go back since! The ocean, the heat, the culture, the cuisine, everything about it. I’d love to visit a different part of Thailand though (I went to Phuket before).

What are your beauty and makeup must haves?
Definitely a great mascara, and thankfully I have found the perfect one! L’Oréal Million Volume Lashes Extra Bold. It lasts for ages and is simply superb. I can’t recommend it enough! Must. Have.

What is your favorite thing(s) to eat?
I could live off of sushi!

You can't leave house without..
My iPod Nano. Yep, it’s true, i can live without my phone!

What sites do you visit everyday?
I love Swedish style and Swedish street fashion, so I read a lot of Swedish fashion blogs: those that are big, and those that are small. It’s not about the size of the blog, it’s about the quality!

What was the last thing you bought ?
A pair of earrings from ASOS!

If your life could be a film, which would it be ?
I’d rather be the screenplay writer and director of my own movie, i.e. my life!

4 comments:

  1. questioning and answering is the best way to have debates and speeches ,i guess its somewhat that type here also
    Womens Silk Blouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE this girl!!! she is truly an amazing one... since she started her blog i honestly can say she followed through and each time has a surprise element in what she is going to blog about plus, her progression is really something... and she also has been a very good blogger friend!

    ♥ Label me ADDICT ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing site and pictures. Everyone is so beautiful. I need to take some tips off here!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments !