#120 : India Rose

Name : India Rose
Social Site : blog
About : "I'm India Rose, a fashion blogger and Fashion Communication and Promotion student at Nottingham Trent. I'm not 100% sure on what I want to do yet… I suppose I'll see where the world of blogging takes me"

Have you got any beauty, makeup and hair tips and stylish secrets?

If you have dry skin, like me, use bio oil before you go to bed and if it's really dry in the morning use it instead of moisturiser underneath your foundation. Use illuminator to highlight cheekbones and a light brown around the whole eye for those with blue eyes, as it really makes them stand out. I use non latex, non powered gloves to fake tan and exfoliate twice a week. For hair? Leave it as much as possible! Backcomb the roots and use finishing cream to prevent it from looking straggly. 

When did you first fall in love with fashion ?
I've always had a vague interest but it wasn't until recently that I truly fell in love with fashion. And now I'm pretty much hooked.

What inspired you to start your own blog?
I was actually advised by my photography tutor while at college to start a blog, as it would give me a better chance at getting into university and it would be the perfect place to show my progress over the years. Once I started I never looked back.

What's on your iPod / DVD Player at the moment?
J Dilla, The Weeknd, Drake, If an Dafydd, Bonobo, Emancipator, Blawan, Pearson Sound, Common, Flying Lotus, Kahn, Teebs… the list could go on music-wise. I don't really watch that many DVDs but at the moment I'm watching a series called Breaking Bad.

What are your dreams and aspirations?
For my blog to pretty much become my job, so I can do a bit of everything. Blogging, styling, designing for different brands… just to find my niche and hopefully make a lot of money from it. Oh, and be happy. That is vital!

What do you take with you on vacation?
Very much depends on what sort of vacation I'm going on but the more beach holidays I go on the less I need to take. A couple of bikinis, lots of moisturiser and dry sunscreen oil, my iPod, waterproof mascara, my flip flops and Vans, plain tees and tanks and a couple pairs of denim shorts

Which designers and/or celebrities most inspire you?
Designers it would have to be Alexander Wang, Acne, Theyskens Theory, 3.1 Phillip Lim and Isabel Marant. Then there are the smaller brands such as Nowhere, Weekday, Friend of Mine… 

What is the one item in your wardrobe you couldn't live without? Black skinny jeans.

5 random facts about yourself.  I've lived in 13 houses, my eyes turn grey in winter, I drink about 6 cups of tea a day, paranoia is one of my worst attributes, and I have an unhealthy obsession with cereal.


Few things you really love about the place you live...  There's not a lot I love about the area I live when at home, apart from the fresh Welsh air, the amount of stars you can see and the beautiful landscapes especially when it snows. When at university, I love how close everything is to each other, I love the nightlife and I love a lot of the people in it.

Your favorite designers and brands?  Pretty much mentioned this above.

Your best fashion buy? I don't really know y'know. I'm in a bit of a fashion rut at the moment as I want to change my whole wardrobe so I couldn't possibly say. My Levi cutoffs always serve me well, I love the boots I managed to claim off a friend and my platform Vans. My skinny jeans will always have a place in my heart and anything silky is a plus. I love my Topshop leather jacket, too.

Something that you really wanted but haven't got it? So, so many things… a Freshjive tee I've wanted for ages, that gorgeous Acne leather jacket, Alexander Wang and Isabel Marant knits, some more Vans...

Where are your favorite places to shop? I don't physically shop as I buy everything online. Zara, Topshop, Karmaloop, Romwe, The Outnet, eBay, Fashionology, Flatspot, Bored at Southsea.

If you could go anywhere in the world, where? Why? I really want to travel around South America, just so experience the different cultures and landscapes that are so different from my own.

What are your beauty and makeup must haves? Face wipes, E45 lotion, Bio Oil, Xen-Tan fake tan lotion, Benefit bronzer, MAC makeup brushes, Topshop eyeshadows. 

What is your favorite thing(s) to eat? Cereal, fruit, yoghurt, crumpets, bread… Anything you're supposed to eat for breakfast basically. 

You can't leave house without.. My phone, car keys, lip balm, purse and iPod.

What sites do you visit everyday? I have a whole folder of lots of different blogs, and I'm afraid to say I do check my blog, Twitter and Facebook daily. Addicted.

Your favorite magazine is… Lula, VnA, AnOther Magazine, Wonderland, Frankie, Vice, i-D.

What makes you laugh? Pretty much anything when I'm in a certain mood.

What was the last thing you bought? 3 beanies, petrol and cigarettes.

If your life could be a film, which would it be? Right now? Something Borrowed, haha.

Who would you like to be reincarnated as? Ooo this is a good one. I'm not sure you know. A tiger maybe.



2 comments:

  1. you're so pretty please stop smoking :C

    ReplyDelete
  2. aahh:') your eyes turns grey in winter!! That's so beautiful i wish i can see you one day:(
    I'd love meeting you prettyy india<3<3 and by the way.. How old are you? REPLY.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments !