#123 : Galore, Beneath the Stars

Kendall from Galore, Beneath the Stars also check her lookbook : "I am a 17 year old currently in my last year of high school, I live in a small town in California. Fashion is just about my favorite thing in the world and something I can definitely never get bored of, it's just so refreshing and new and changing all the time!" 
Have you got any beauty, makeup and hair tips and stylish secrets? 
Everyone, boys and girls, should always wear sunscreen before going out every single day, even if it is cloudy. It will really keep future wrinkles at bay! I really suggest trying orange lipstick, it sounds so out of the blue but it really is a flirty, sexy, and charming color when worn right. Also, nothing beats a simple cat eye done with some black liquid eyeliner!

When did you first fall in love with fashion?
 I've always had a strong interest in fashion since I have been raised in a very artistic household all of my life. Art and fashion just go hand in hand. The town I live in is very conservative and is not very educated in the fashion world, so I have always been very unique and different everywhere I go in my town. Stepping into the world of Lookbook.nu really helped me to learn more about fashion and styles that I would have never found out about otherwise! So, I would say since joining Lookbook just about 6 months ago, my interest in fashion has grown even MORE.

What inspired you to start your own blog?
 I actually created a blog just because I noticed almost everyone on Lookbook had one, so I thought that I may as well have one too. I have inspired so many people through it which has became my main goal with my blog and fashion in general, to inspire everyone I can to be adventurous and take an interest in fashion!

What's on your iPod / DVD Player at the moment? 
Definite favorites at the moment have been It Will Rain by Bruno Mars, Bloody Mary by Lady GaGa, and Rosyln by Bon Iver.

What are your dreams and aspirations? 
Oh wouldn't it be lovely to have a job involved in the fashion world! My main goal for now is to attend a university and go on from there. If I could make a career in the fashion world that would be so great, but as with many arts it's very risky to depend on for a stable lifestyle. I would hate to become the starving artist. Other than a career, a life aspiration would be to get married and move to somewhere like San Francisco or Seattle, somewhere where I can surround myself in art daily. One of my biggest goals, a bit silly, is to go to a Lady GaGa concert at least once in my life!!!

Which designers and/or celebrities most inspire you? 
Honestly, I really have not kept up on designers at all in my lifetime. But I would say one designer I have always been intrigued by is Jeffery Campbell, his shoes are art! I am definitely inspired by so many music artists like Lady GaGa, for her pure creativity, and Robert Smith, for his smeared red lipstick and all black clothing. Most of all just fellow bloggers and Lookbookers inspire me most.

What is the one item in your wardrobe you couldn't live without? 
Definitely my black wedges I got from Forever21, brand Bamboo. I wear them in almost every single one of my outfits!!! Without them so many of my outfits would literally fall apart and just look lame. Also SUNGLASSES. So many people have noticed my crazy sunglasses, but I think they're so essential to creating a certain mood and changing an entire outfit. Something people should definitely invest in, and to protect their eyes :)

5 random facts about yourself.
 I absolutely LOVE playing Pokemon DS games. I will never understand Ganguro style. I forgot to put this in my aspirations, but I strongly aspire to one day own a corgi. My 12 year old brother takes all of my photos using my Galaxy S 4G. I bite my nails way too much.

Where are your favorite places to shop? 
I LOVE LOVE LOVE thrift shopping. It is just the best, you can literally find so many old treasures! I tend to be very frugal with my money and rarely splurge out of guilt of spending my parents money, so thrift stores are a great friend. And a place where you can find things nobody else is bound to own.

What are your beauty and makeup must haves? 
Liquid eyeliner and looots of mascara. I love to pile it on.

You can't leave house without..
 My cell phone and sunglasses.

What sites do you visit everyday? 
Lookbook.nu and Twitter, which you can find me @Kendall_Ca

What makes you laugh? 
My boyfriend, daily!

What is your favorite thing(s) to eat?
 Nutella!

What was the last thing you bought? 
Tickets to my school's Formal dance!



4 comments:

  1. she's awesome!! and btw, u hv a great blog! :)) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just amazing layering, I love the shirt over the tee!

    http://styleservings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's gorgeous! Just like her I'm in love with "thrifting". Vintage is one of my passions!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments !