#126 : tape over crystal

 Kristen Leotsakou from tape over crystal : My name is Kristen Leotsakou, I'm 20 years old and I live in Athens. I'm half Portuguese and half Greek but my native language is English and Greek. I also have roots from England, the Middle East and a Chinese great great grandfather. I'm studying interior design and also learning sewing and pattern making. I love interesting faces and fascinating personalities. People tell me I'm strange and I have to agree with them."

When did you first fall in love with fashion ?
I guess, ever since I was born with XX female chromosomes.

What's on your iPod / DVD Player at the moment?
The Doors, Elvis, Skip James, Billie Holiday... I need more living people on my ipod. 
I accidentally saw "My cousin Vinny" yesterday, I'm not much of an American-90's-Italian-lawyer-from-Brooklyn movie type but strangely, I actually enjoyed the film.

What are your dreams and aspirations?
I'd like to create my own fashion collection once I've learned pattern making. I've also always loved writing stories and I'm a huge movie fan so I really want to create short films based on the stories I've written. I'm also hoping to leave Greece soon and move to a more peaceful and inspiring environment or just travel around the world and live everywhere.

What do you take with you on vacation?
A half empty suitcase to fill with new treasures. My slr camera. One or two books for the internet-less boredom, my sketchbook, lots of nailpolish and a good moisturizer.

Which designers and/or celebrities most inspire you?
Designer of Givenchy, Ricardo Tisci, Alexander Wang, director Sofia Coppola. Actress Naomi Watts and Alexa Chung.

5 random facts about yourself. 
-I'm really good at imitations and doing accents. 
-I can play the electric guitar. 
-I love eating urchins in the summer. 
-I've won a marathon. 
-I am so scared of horror films I need someone with me to watch the trailers...

Something that you really wanted but haven't got it
The Opening Ceremony x Chloe Sevigny black ankle boots from last year's collection, but customs from the US and shipping costs were just way too much to send to Greece. Maybe I'll find them on ebay one day if I'm lucky.

Where are your favorite places to shop?
I'm a 100% online shopper. I love GiGi Vintage, Arafeel, Topshop, Motel. I'm very lucky to be able to collaborate with some of my favorite brands.

If you could go anywhere in the world, where? Why?
Switzerland, I am dying to go skiing there and I really need to see some snow this winter.

What is your favorite thing(s) to eat?
The best food I've ever had was last summer on Pico island. It was at a traditional lava stone house and the table outside was full of freshly caught fish, cooked lapas with butter, oil and seasoning and the tastiest warm corn bread with Azorean cheese. 

What sites do you visit everyday?
Twitter, StrangeAmbition.com, Azedeblog.com, Contributormagazine.com, 99percentinvisible.org

Your favorite magazine is
I really like Self Service magazine and for something more mainstream Elle UK.

If your life could be a film, which would it be ?
"The Beach" because I've always wanted to live in an isolated paradise or "The Hitchhiker's Guide Through the Galaxy" because I'd love to travel in space and dolphins are smarter than humans.

Who would you like to be reincarnated as ?
Edie Sedgwick, I'd just stay away from drugs and grow longer hair.


4 comments:

  1. She has such great style! Great interview

    www.pinsneedlesfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. she looks amazing, I love her style! Cool interview :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments !