#139 : Max Westin

Max from Max Westin and his lookbook : "I'm a seventeen year old boy who live just outside the lovely city of Gothenburg in Sweden and I love everything about fashion and clothing."


When did you first fall in love with fashion?
I actually think it was about seventh or eighth grade, when I was about thirteen or fourteen years old to be more specifically. Everything that included playful and vibrant colors sort of spoke to me. When I look back now, I didn't have much of what we call taste, but I mean, at that moment I loved it, so why not?

What's on your iPod / DVD Player at the moment?
Songs from "The National" and "Bloc Party" have been playing quite frequently the last couple of weeks, as well as some classic 80's music.

What are your dreams and aspirations?
I'm not the person who have the future planned in detail, at least not when it comes to profession and things like that. However, I know that I don't want to stay here in Sweden much longer and that I'll probably move after my graduation. I'm really in love with Spain and Britain, but I'm also very curious about Canada, so we'll see where I start off my new life.

What do you take with you on vacation?
I take several things with me when I go abroad, but my camera is absolutely the only one really important thing. I wouldn't be able to enjoy a vacation without shooting, photography is like my major hobby (along with clothing of course).

What is the one item in your wardrobe you couldn't live without?
I know it's kind of a boring answer, but I think I'll have to say my black skinny jeans. They seem to always come in handy.

 5 random facts about yourself.
I'm absolutely obsessed with prints
I'm probably even more obsessed with jackets
The clothes I use when I'm at home seriously look like shit
The top of my little finger got cut off in a baby gate when I was two years old
I love staying up late in the night watching sad drama movies

Few things you really love about the place you live...
I'm really not the first person to advertise about Sweden, but at times I actually enjoy it. Gutenberg really is a city that should be experienced in the summer. The coastline south of the city and the archipelago in northern direction are both really beautiful. We also have a lot of great lakes in the surroundings and when the weather allowed, they're just waiting for people to swim in them.

Your best fashion buy
I bought a pair of low Dr. Marten's on a second-hand market for 30 Swedish crowns (about 4$) last year. It almost felt like I had robbed the man who sold them.

Something that you really wanted but haven't got it
A pair of paisley shorts from Topman, they're just lovely.

Where are your favorite places to shop?
If London were a store, I'd definitely say London, but since it's not, I'll have to say Topman, Asos, Weekday and several second-hand stores. Zara can surprise with nice clothes sometimes too.

If you could go anywhere in the world, where? Why?
At the moment, my top picks will have to be Istanbul, New Zealand and somewhere in Canada.

What is your favorite thing(s) to eat?
Seriously, a pasta dish somewhere in Italy never could go wrong.

You can't leave house without..
Clothes, mobile, wallet, keys and my iPod.

What makes you laugh?
My friends and my own (most times too funny) jokes ;)

What was the last thing you bought?
 A vintage, blue suede jacket which I absolutely adore.

5 comments:

  1. thanks for your comment :) you have a lovely blog!

    follow back if you get a chance! From Cupcakes, With Love x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thx
    here my shop http://goldenkids.storenvy.com/

    sure
    if you follow back

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your blog dear!
    Keep posting!!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. such great posts! thanks for sharing all these bloggers that I've never heard of, now I have new blogs to read! I just followed you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We loooove this!! You have a really amazing blog! Love how you showcase everyone's style! Really inspiring!!

    PS. We’ve a $75 Giveaway to PLNDR on our blog! Check it out, if you’d like :)

    ox from NYC!
    davie+erica

    LPFashionPhilosophy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments !