#160 : Amy Valentine

Name : Amy Valentine
Social Site : blogger
About : "I'm a triskaidekaphobic, socially awkward computer obsessive and I love music festivals, heavy music and pok√©mon and I blog over at http://amyvalentinex.
blogspot.co.uk/"


Have you got any beauty, makeup and hair tips and stylish secrets?
If you want pastel hair, don't buy the ready pastel hair dye! Buy bright dye and add conditioner, that way you save money and have more dye to put on your hair, a big problem for me and my long hair, I usually need around 3 bottles!


When did you first fall in love with fashion ?
I've always been quite arty and creative, then when I was 13 or so I went through an 'emo/scene' phase when I discovered that you can express yourself through what you wear, but back then it was through neon colours, tutus and stripy socks, I've since toned it down a lot but I still like to have quite a quirky style, I guess I've never really liked the average fashions.

What inspired you to start your own blog?
I used to have a little jewellery business called Susanna Valentine which I closed down 2 years ago (started IRIDESCENT instead) and I noticed that many jewellery sites had their own blog, so I created one for the website, then started to really enjoy blogging, and thus decided to make my own!

What is the story behind your blog's name ? There's not really much to it, it's just my name, and yes my middle name really is Valentine!


Who usually took your pictures ? My trusty old tripod and as of quite recently, my remote has been quite helpful!

What's on your iPod / DVD player at the moment ? Of Mice & Men, While She Sleeps, Asking Alexandria and Bastille

What are your dreams and aspirations?
I hope to one day work in the creative industry, perhaps high up in the topshop/urban outfitters offices, or in a fashion magazine.  Alternatively I'd love to have my own little boutique with clothes and jewellery I make myself!

What do you take with you on vacation? Sunglasses and my creative journal!

Which designers and/or celebrities most inspire you?
I don't get my inspiration off anything in particular, mostly street fashions etc, but Alice Dellal, Audrey Kitching and Charlotte Free are awesome!

What is the one item in your wardrobe you couldn't live without? Definitely denim shorts I own over 10 pairs!

5 random facts about yourself.
I have little pointy pixie ears
I always think of what I could do if I had the ability to pause time
I always try to make a wish at 11:11 
I can eat whatever I want and not gain weight
I have double jointed thumbs

Few things you really love about the place you live...  I love that I'm an hour away from London on the train and that Reading Festival is so close to where I live!

Your favorite designers and brands? 
I love Topshop and Urban Outfitters, but I usually get my clothes from eBay as I don't have the money to buy things new!

Your best fashion buy
Not very original, but I love my Underground Creepers.  They were expensive but they go with everything and I wear them every day, yet they're still good as new! They'll last me a lot longer hopefully!

Something that you really wanted but haven't got it I really want some Jeffrey Campbell spiked litas, but can't afford them ):

Where are your favorite places to shop? I mostly shop on ebay or etsy with the occasional charity shop trip.

If you could go anywhere in the world, where? Why?
I'd want to go back to Paradise Island in the Bahamas to the Atlantis resort. I went when I was a kid and it was incredible.

What are your beauty and makeup must haves? A good foundation, mascara and eyeliner!

What is your favorite thing(s) to eat? I love chinese and japanese food

You can't leave house without.. My phone

What sites do you visit everyday?
I always check up on new blog updates on blogger, as well as facebook, youtube, tickld and I don't know if instagram should count, but I spend ages on it!

Your favorite magazine is Super Super and Company

What makes you laugh ? Some of the images on Tickld.com are hilarious! Most internet memes really.

What was the last thing you bought ?Crazy Colour in violette, lilac and pinkissimo

If your life could be a film, which would it be ? Project X!

Who would you like to be reincarnated as ? A bird, purely so I could fly

3 comments:

  1. I can't leave home without my phone too :) Come check out my blog. maybe we can follow each other :)
    http://marschristie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. really cute photos!!! :)


    maybe you'd like to visit my fancyicon.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments !