#164 : Deciphering Dreams


Name : Nicola Boraston 
Social Site : blogger
About : "Nicola Boraston, 19, United Kingdom, Moving back to the Cayman Islands soon, Self-employed at the moment"



When did you first fall in love with fashion ?
I have always loved it, but I guess I fully fell in love with it when I was around 14 years old.

What inspired you to start your own blog?
I had been following bloggers for AGES, and I found myself constantly on lookbook.nu etc, so I decided to start a blog myself to share my style. I am so glad I started it, it makes you feel connected with other people who share the same interests as you, and it keeps you constantly inspired. 

What is the story behind your blog's name ?
I have a LOT of weird dreams that I can never work out, so deciphering-dreams seemed very fitting as I could not think of anything else and I wanted something unusual!

Who usually took your pictures ?
My sister used to take them, but as she is now living in a different country to me she can't! They were always amazing as she is so good at photography, I much prefer them, but now I just have a stand and remote to take my own pictures!

What are your dreams and aspirations ?
I would love to be recognised for my personal style, whether it being positive or negative - just to be unique. I would love to one day have my own brand as well as an online store, selling other small brands as well as my own and handpicked vintage items. I just want to be constantly creative and inspired in my life, that will make me so happy! Also always having people around who I love and can keep happy, I think that is so important.

What is the one item in your wardrobe you couldn't live without?
Right now… I think it has to be my Underground double sole black creepers! They are super comfy and they go with every single item of my clothing!

Few things you really love about the place you live…
Knowing that i'm leaving it soon! Ha no it is not that bad, but I guess it is handy as it is in the West Midlands it is quite easy to travel over the country, for instance, Bristol and Birmingham are not too far away at all, and London is only a couple of hours away! English fashion always keeps me inspired which is also a bonus!

Your favorite designers and brands?
Right now my favourite designers are - Emilio Pucci, House of Holland, Valentino, Azzedine Alaia, Alexander McQueen, Dion Lee, Gareth Pugh, Christopher Kane, Emma Cook. I am also constantly inspired by haute couture (especially Valentino), I find it amazing!

Right now my favourite brands are - Evil Twin, Unif, Shakuhachi, Dimepiece, Lazy Oaf, Wildfox, American Apparel, Jeffrey Campbell, Stolen Girlfriends Club, MinkPink, StyleStalker, Free People, Finders Keepers, See You Monday, Miracle Eye, One Teaspoon, BB Dakota, IRL LDN, HUF, Underground, Nasty Gal's own stuff - even though they're whole site is filled with amazingness, Salwater Gypsy's kimonos are beautiful, too. Ok I could go on…

Something that you really wanted but haven't got it
There are a lot of things believe me! Ha, but I guess the Jeffrey Campbell Coltrane Boots in black!

Where are your favorite places to shop?
ONLINE! Seriously, whenever I go shopping like to Birmingham or something, I never buy anything (unless its vintage), because everything I want is online! Ebay and Etsy are the best!

If you could go anywhere in the world, where? Why?
I guess if I could I would love to travel around Asia, visiting India, Japan, Thailand, Singapore, Nepal etc. I also really really really want to go to L.A.

You can't leave house without..
It depends where I am going! But either Ipod/some kind of music source, cigarettes, money - you never know what you might come across!

What is your favorite thing(s) to eat? Sushi, Any Japanese food, Latte Frappes & Diet Coke… Ok I know the last 2 were drinks, but i'm obsessed.

What sites do you visit everyday? Tumblr, Lookbook, Blogger, Twitter & Hotmail.

What was the last thing you bought ?
A vintage chiffon floral babydoll kimono, but it can also be worn as a dress. I am currently waiting for it to arrive! It was off Ebay.

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is a great interview!I love her answer and am gona check her out, she looks cute in the outfit! x

    thenuliya.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments !