#174 : Good, Bad, and Fab

Name : Jenny
Social Site : blog
About : "I'm a LA fashion lawyer turned fashion blogger living life in the fab lane. Good, Bad, and Fab is a personal narrative that showcases my personal style and fashion musings."

Have you got any beauty, makeup and hair tips and stylish secrets?
Always take off your makeup at night no matter how tired you are. Always wear sunscreen no matter how cloudy it is. When it comes to makeup, err on the side of less is more. I find that two coats of mascara and a bright red lipstick will make for a more memorable look than a full face of makeup.   

When did you first fall in love with fashion ?
 Age 7. That's when I moved to the US from China and witnessed the magic of self-expression through fashion.

What inspired you to start your own blog?
I don't quite get to express myself creatively as a lawyer. So, I started my blog as a creative outlet to express the lighter and more fun side of my life!

What is the story behind your blog's name ?
The name plays homage to my favorite Western movie, The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (random, I know). It also represents the different facets of my life. There are the good and the bad moments but it's the fabulous moments in life that are worth blogging about!

Who usually took your pictures ? My husband! We bond over it!

What's on your iPod / DVD player at the moment ? On my iPod, I'm listening to everything by Ellie Goulding!

What are your dreams and aspirations?
My dream is to share my passion for fashion with as many people as possible and I hope to fulfill that dream through blogging...one post at a time!

What do you take with you on vacation? My entire closet! 

Which designers and/or celebrities most inspire you? Elsa Shiaparelli. She was a fabulous designer and truly a fashion visionary.

What is the one item in your wardrobe you couldn't live without? My Alexander Wang black tank top. It's basic enough to go with anything and everything! 

5 random facts about yourself. 
I have a tremendously high threshold for pain
I was a cheerleader in high school
I played the piano for ten years
I'm Shanghainese
I'm obsessed with Marilyn Monroe

Few things you really love about the place you live...  I love the weather in LA, the eclectic subcultures, the food, my friends, my family, my home! 

Your favorite designers and brands?  Maje, 3.1 Phillip Lim, Alexander Wang, Carven, Marc Jacobs,   

Your best fashion buy Anything by 3.1 Phillip Lim or Alexander Wang 

Something that you really wanted but haven't got it
Orange enamel Hermes Bracelet with the Gold "H." I've been on the waitlist for months! I was in Europe recently and every Hermes store from Paris to Barcelona was sold out of that bracelet! 

Where are your favorite places to shop?
shopbop.comruelala.com, Fred Segal, Saks Fifth Avenue, lulus.com, Melrose Avenue, ASOS.com, netaporter.com, Rose Bowl flea market 

If you could go anywhere in the world, where? Why? Paris. Because the City of Lights is my lover and you must visit your lover often or they'll get mad at you.

What are your beauty and makeup must haves? Shu Uemura eyelash curler, Smashbox black liquid eyeliner, Burt's Bees Lip Balm, Too Faced Lip Creme in Stiletto Red

What is your favorite thing(s) to eat? I don't discriminate when it comes to food. I eat everything! 

You can't leave house without.. My phone. The world ceases to exist without it.

What sites do you visit everyday? Stylecaster, Pinterest, Independent Fashion Bloggers, Perez Hilton 

Your favorite magazine is Lucky Magazine 

What makes you laugh ? My hubby's jokes. 

What was the last thing you bought ? A printed blazer from H&M inspired by the Sachin & Babin SS 13 collection. 

If your life could be a film, which would it be ? Hmm, are there any movies out there about a lawyer who turns into a fashion obsessed blogger?

Who would you like to be reincarnated as ? Olivia Palermo's closet


1 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the feature!

    www.goodbadandfab.com
    personal style and fashion musings of a LA fashion lawyer living life in the fab lane!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments !