#180 : Miss Tangerine


Name : Mariana Soares
Social Site: blog
About : "My name is Mariana and I'm a 19 years old girl from Portugal. Besides writing my blog Miss Tangerine, I am studying to become a doctor one day... Not very fashion related, I know."



When did you first fall in love with fashion?
I've loved fashion ever since I remember... For example, when I was little I did these little shows with my brother and cousins, for which I did all the costumes all by myself! As I became older, that interest just grew more and more.

What inspired you to start your own blog?
I read a lot of other self-style blogs for a long time. Then I discovered Lookbook.nu, and I started to share my looks there. After a few months I thought it would be nice to start a blog of my own... and so I did!

What is the story behind your blog's name?
Not much actually, it was the result of a brainstorm. I came up with the idea of having "orange" in the title, since it's my favourite colour, but then "Miss Orange" didn't sound all that good so I changed it to "Miss Tangerine"... and voilá!

Who usually takes your pictures?
Just about anyone I can throw my camera at... The sad thing is that lately I cannot get anyone to do it, so I just take my photos using a tripod. 

What are your makeup must haves?
My make up routine is very basic (and sometimes non-existent), but I think a bit of concealer, foundation and mascara do wonders for any girl’s face.

What is the one item in your wardrobe you couldn't live without? Definitely jeans. Oh and shoes: boots for winter, sandals for summer!

Where are your favorite places to shop?
My favourite everyday wear clothing brands are Zara and H&M. A more pricey one, which I will always love to death, is Etxart&Panno.

What was the last thing you bought?
A pair of black ankle boots with a very low heel... It's a winter wardrobe must that mine was missing. They were a very good catch as well, in some mid season sales.

Your best fashion buy
I got a trench a couple of years ago from Zara that cost me 20€... when the initial price was 80€! Such a good sales catch!

Your favorite magazine is Vogue, without a doubt: everything is so classy.

5 random facts about yourself. 
I am addicted to chocolate, I am a gymnast, I horse ride, I watch Glee (yeah, Gleek forever!), I did an Inter-rail this summer (best experience ever!)

Few things you really love about the place you live... 
I love that the sun is shining (almost) all the time, I love the warm weather and I love that it is so close to the beach. The food is also very nice actually, yummy!

What's on your iPod at the moment?
“Blow me one last kiss” from Pink, I find her amazing… I also listen a lot to Boyce Avenue, it’s very relaxing.

If you could go anywhere in the world, where? Why?
If I could choose a place to live it would definitely be Italy, I’ve been there twice and I love everything about it. Just to travel, I would like to go to NY (obvious one), New Zeeland (the landscapes are amazing) and India (the culture amazes me).

If your life could be a film, which would it be ?
This is kinda nerdy... But I love Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter… all those fantasy movies! To experience those worlds would be fantastic!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments !