#181 : Fashion Whit

Name : Emi Lee Coco
Social Site: blog
About : "My name is Emi Lee Coco, I am currently a 16 year old rolling stone from Lithuania but living in Belgium. I hope I don't sound too shallow when I tell you that my hobbies are to dress up, blog, make weird lypsincing videos, surf the Internet for hours, meet up with friends, eat."
When did you first fall in love with fashion ?
I believe it was way back, when I was about 5. I would always ask my parents to buy me those coloring/drawing books where they would have girls printed in them and you had to draw the clothes on yourself. I would go full-eccentric on them and would create super edgy outfits at the age of 10 already. That's when I realized I was into fashion design and the whole fashion world in general.

What inspired you to start your own blog?
Weirdly enough, I do not remember my motivation to start a blog. Maybe I just had nothing better to do; I would spend a lot of time on the computer, so I thought to myself "why not make something more interesting of all this time on the Net?" and so I created a blog. I suppose I wanted to share my thoughts with "the world" (which, for the first few months, consisted of my family, a few friends and my dog, who were probably the only readers of my blabbing)

What is the story behind your blog's name ?
No story! I am not really happy with my blog's name right now. I remember wanting a short name that's easy to remember, and so I went for Fashion Whit. My blog used to be called Fashionably Drugged in its early days, but then I felt like it was too harsh for a 13 year-old, so I changed it. I don't think I'll be changing it again, but who knows :)

Who usually took your pictures ?
My little sister is my photographer. She knows how I like my pictures, so I don't even feel like I need to change the person who photographs my outfits.

What's on your iPod / DVD player at the moment ?
My favorite bands at the moment are Pink Floyd, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nirvana, Pixies, the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, and I could just go on forever, but I won't, because I'm lazy. As in for movies- Donnie Darko, Se7en, Fight Club, Source Code, Thirteen and probably more, but I can't think of them right now.

What are your dreams and aspirations?
My biggest wish right now is to finish school with good grades and pursue my dream of becoming a fashion designer. I don't see myself working in an office, same thing every day.. I love creating clothes from scratch. The feeling of seeing something that at first was just an idea turn into something beautiful is amazing and I love it! 

What do you take with you on vacation?
My laptop, camera, iPod, sketchbook and pencil case!

What is the one item in your wardrobe you couldn't live without?
My creepers. I'm head over heels for chunky platform shoes right now. These shoes are perfect in every single way.

5 random facts about yourself. 
I am hopelessly trying to grow my hair really long.
I love photography, but hate it when random kids with a good camera create facebook pages for their "Photography".
I'm a dog person. To be honest I think I would be better as a dog.
I hate fashion rules or whatever. Then again, I don't believe there are any fashion rules (I'm not making much sense, am I?)
I despise people who pretend to be someone/something they're not. 


Have you got any beauty, makeup and hair tips and stylish secrets?
Nope! I don't wear make-up on a daily basis. I sometimes use a black/brown pencil to darken my eyebrows and I often wear lipstick, but other than that- nothing. My hair's a mess, I use any shampoo my mom buys, and then I let it dry by itself. I guess I'm not very interesting when it comes to all of this 'beauty' stuff!

Where are your favorite places to shop?
Thrift stores/vintage shops, they have the est clothes for the best prices. You can always be sure that you'll find something amazing there that no one else will have, which doesn't happen when you go shopping at popular shops like Zara, H&M, etc.

What is your favorite thing(s) to eat?
Doritos, pancakes, Oreos, Caesar's salads, burritos, fruit, broccoli. I know, it's weird that junk food and healthy vegetables stand on the same level, but I love all of them equally! I also adore Mexican and Italian food.

You can't leave house without..
My iPod! I couldn't possibly walk for longer than 15 minutes by myself if I had no music to listen to. I'm an addict.

What sites do you visit everyday?
Social networks-wise I visit facebook, twitter, lookbook and blogspot daily, and styleblog-wise, I always take a look at Violet'sblog, Madeline's blog, Isabel's blog, Thelma's blog, Jessica's blog and so many others. They're so awesome and rad it hurts.

What was the last thing you bought ?
A pair of simple high waist denim shorts. Gotta love 'em.

If your life could be a film, which would it be ?
Donnie Darko, because it's so damn awesome. Or Grease, because it's a classic AND it's awesome too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments !