Interview with casper&pearl

casper&pearl , a brand that founded in 2011 by Stacey Hendrickson from Adelaide,South Australia. The label has seen itself on high profile fashion bloggers , and international publications and even TeenVogue.com . It is proving that casper&pearl is cult-label . This handmade fashion label is for any young ladies that would never want to grow up. Spend the rest of your days lying in the garden making daisy chains while you wear casper&pearl


Can you introduce yourself and tell us who you are?
I’m Stacey Hendrickson the twenty year old self-taught designer behind ethereal and dreamy fashion label casper&pearl. I begun casper&pearl by altering vintage pieces and making dresses for friends, and I am still in shock with how far it’s come today!

How do you came up with the name "casper&pearl"?
The name casper&pearl is inspired by my childhood – Casper was my childhood nickname and Pearl was my best friend. We spent every day having tea parties, telling each other secrets and frolicking through flowery fields and that’s ultimately what I picture my customers doing when I design!

How did you start up making your own label?
I started out in my bedroom with pretty pictures of inspiration stuck to my walls and hundreds of magazines and sketch pads. I came up with a concept and designed my first few pieces and now a year later here I am! It’s a lot of hard work but I think if you have the passion and love for it then anybody can do it!

Do you sew all your own clothes or do you have a little fashion helper?
I started out by sewing each and every single piece myself, but as demand became too much I’ve had to move production offshore. I found the cutest little production company in Hong Kong who actually donate a percentage of their profits to underprivileged children in China, it was so important to find a company who was in line with our ethical morals.

What is your inspiration in terms of designing collections?
I always like to come up with a story first, I always make sure I have a visual diary by my side so when ideas come I can draw them down. I imagine my character, where she is, what she is doing, and what she is wearing. I find inspiration everywhere I go – from the colour of the sky to the flowers on the ground. I also find creativity in childrens books, Sofia Coppola movies and the 70’s and 90’s.

Why are you making the 'Traveller's Shorts'? 
Raising funds and awareness to cancer research is something close to my heart as my mother, father and Nanna have all suffered from this terrible disease. The ‘Sisterhood of the Travelling Shorts’ campaign sees our ‘Traveller’ shorts sent around Australia to our favourite fashion bloggers and styled on their blog. They all sent us letters telling us what they got up to when they wore them! They are one size fits all and 100% profits got to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. You can purchase them here – www.casperandpearl.com/shorts

Any advice for fashion enthusiast out there?
I definitely believe, as cliché as it sounds, if you work hard and believe in yourself then your able to make your wildest dreams come true, I’m living proof of that! The industry can be really tough but anything is possible.

5 random things about you!
Before wanting to be a fashion designer when I was younger I wanted to be a pilot, but then I developed a fear of flying – I’d secretly love to be a photographer – I have a boyfriend of 2 years named Sam – I’m a middle child of three with an older brother and younger sister, who’s names are both tattooed on my wrists – my guilty pleasure is trashy reality television, anything Kardashians or Geordie Shore will make me happy!

1 comments:

  1. This is my first time go to see at here and i am genuinely impressed to read all
    at single place.
    My blog - Cheap nike nfl jerseys

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments !