#190 : Sophie In Monaco



Name: Sophie Kirby | Sophie In Monaco

Blog & Social SitesBlog | Facebook | Twitter | Bloglovin’

About: "I am British but living in Monaco / Monte Carlo. I am a freelance luxury yacht broker turned fashion & lifestyle blogger and aspiring television personality…”

Have you got any beauty, makeup, hair tips and stylish secrets?
I live by Moroccan oil, it is magical and transforms the ends of my hair and finishes it off perfectly after a blow dry by adding that extra bit of shine you need!
I have also heard that if you apply Vaseline to sensitive areas of your feet before putting your high heels on you will not get blisters (I have yet to try this but it could be gold if it works).

What inspired you to start your own blog?
In the yachting world there is a huge lack of creativity involved, “Sophie In Monaco” was a way to release all of my pent up creativity and by doing so realised my passion for fashion (& blogging of course!)

What is the story behind your blog's name?
Pretty boring actually, my name is Sophie and I live in Monaco! I wanted it to be simple yet memorable, since my blog is about my life in Monaco it just sort of went hand in hand.

Who usually takes your pictures?
Mostly my younger sister Sabrina who also has a blog and I help her out with her photos too. My boyfriend, friends and family all help out when they can too.

What are your dreams and aspirations?
I would love to be on Television, although I am more of an introvert I recently discovered my love at being in front of the camera having walked for swimwear designer AZ Araujo during New York Fashion Week. Further down the line my dream is to design my own shoes & handbags line.

What would you take with you on vacation?
If it were a sunny island I was disappearing off to I would take lots of bikinis! I like to wear a different one every day, along with my favourite beach cover ups, my yellow Missoni wedge sandals, lots of tinted moisturiser and my laptop so I can blog all about it!

Which designers most inspire you?
I look to style inspiration from Olivia Palermo, Miranda Kerr & Victoria Beckham, those women can dress!

What is the one item in your wardrobe you couldn't live without?
My silver open toed Jimmy Choo’s. They were my first pair and instantly add sparkle & glam to any evening outfit. (They are also one of my most comfortable shoes, Bonus!)

A few things you really love about Monaco?
The sea views, always bumping into someone you know, late afternoons drinking Rose on the beach, my yachting adventures, people watching at the Café de Paris… (Read my blog to find out more!)

Favourite designers?
Gosh we really could be here all day; Victoria Beckham, Rag & Bone, Tom Ford, Zara, Victoria’s Secret, Chanel, Jimmy Choo, Casadei, Ashish, Ralph & Russo, Missoni, Tibi, Herve Leger, Maje… There are so many more I really am quite open minded when it comes to fashion so it would be impossible to put all my favourites into a list…

Your best fashion buy?
My Christian Louboutin black suede ankle boots, I have worn them so many times and they go beautifully with any outfit, they are high but remain feminine and timeless. Also my French Connection nude metallic bandage dress, it looks exactly like an Herve Leger and hugs you in all the right places but only cost £140 from Harrods!

If you could go anywhere in the world, where? Why?
To the States with my boyfriend, he has never been and I have only been twice before but for very short periods of time, I would love to explore it further as I enjoyed myself thoroughly the first 2 times. Also China & Japan!

What is your favourite thing(s) to eat?
Reese’s Peanut Butter cups (we can’t get them in Monaco so I made my own recipe which you can find on myblog), avocados, strawberries, sushi, sole meunière, moules marinières, crab cakes and a good cheeseburger will do the trick.

You can't leave the house without?
Lip gloss and my phone

What sites do you visit every day?
Sophie In Monaco (obviously), The Daily Mail (for news & celebrity fashion), Facebook, Peace Love Shea, The Londoner, Le Fashion Monster, Five Five Fabulous…

Favourite magazine?
Grazia!!!!

If your life could be a film, which would it be?
My mother shouted out “Sleeping Beauty” when I read this aloud because I like to sleep a lot in the mornings but I would rather go with something like “Grease”, one of my all-time favourite films and everyone’s guilty pleasure. From Sandy's skin-tight black pants to the Pink Ladies silk coats and the guys in their leather jackets it really does give you inspiration and make you want to get up and dance!

7 comments:

  1. wow thanks for sharing a new blog to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so gorgeous.. Keep up the good work..

    By the way, I really admire your blog. maybe we could follow each other on Bloglovin and/or GFC, Facebook?

    Please leave me a comment on my blog and I will follow you!

    http://kstylick.blogspot.com

    You can also like my Facebook page.

    https://www.facebook.com/Kstylick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this shot! :) maybe we could follow each other on Bloglovin and/or GFC, Facebook?

    Please leave me a comment on my blog and I will follow you!

    http://kstylick.blogspot.com

    You can also like my Facebook page.

    https://www.facebook.com/Kstylick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog! Maybe we could follow each other on bloglovin or GFC? Please leave me a comment or follow me and I will follow you =)

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Le-Petit-Plastique/473640259360447

    http://lepetitplastique.blogspot.com/

    *PersunMall Giveaway On My Blog*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this blog so much! :) maybe we could follow each other on Bloglovin and/or GFC, Facebook?

    Please leave me a comment on my blog and follow by blog!

    http://kstylick.blogspot.com

    You can also like my Facebook page.

    https://www.facebook.com/Kstylick

    I will follow you back! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments !