#192 : Mia Stammer aka MamaMiaMakeup

Name : Mia Stammer
Social Site : youtube
"My name is Maria Stammer (you can call me Mia). I am a 19 year old beauty & fashion vlogger on youtube by the name "MamaMiaMakeup". Half Japanese/half American & originally from Okinawa, Japan but currently living in Southern California. "

Have you got any beauty, makeup and hair tips and stylish secrets?
If you're trying to grow out your hair... don't get trims to regularly. What? I know... Everyone says you have to get trims every 6 weeks so your ends don't split blahhh blah blahhh. Let your ends split... grow out your hair to your desired length...Then cut of the ends! If you take care of your hair with masks and deep conditioners, your ends most likely wont even split anyways. Cutting it too often will literally take forever.

What is one product that you can't leave without ?
Acne Free. Its a drugstore 3 step acne system. Literally amazing. I had severe acne for a very long time and I wouldn't say that this cleared it up completely, but it definitely did an amazing job. My skin does get used to it after using it for a long time so I'm definitely in search for the next step up!

What inspired you to start your own youtube video?
Honestly watching other girls make videos. It looked like so much fun. I've always been into creativity and making things out of nothing and that's what beauty and fashion videos are! Its my creative outlet, and definitely much more than a hobby.

What is the story behind your youtube's channel ?
A story with an embarrasing start. My first video was created in April 2011. I was 16 years old at the time but I literally looked like I was 11. I honestly thought my youtube videos were godly and I should be getting some sort of academy award for my greatness. Looking back my videos are so terrible and I cringe watching them. Its definitely taken a good year and a half to start getting the hang of talking and "modeling" in front of a camera.

What's on your iPod / DVD player at the moment ?
Red Hot Chili Peppers. Literally can't get enough of them. As for DVDs... I can't even recall the last time I've watched a DVD or even regular TV on that note. Youtube and vlogging takes up so much time. Ain't nobody got time fo dat!

What are your dreams and aspirations?
This has taken a lot of thought... And still needs some more time and thought put into it. Not quite sure career wise, as I have changed my career path quite recently. All I do know is that I want to inspire. When get messages from young girls and girls around my age telling me that I am an inspiration to them, its the most satisfying feeling I can have. To know that I make a difference in someones life through VIDEOS really touches me.

What do you take with you on vacation?
Definitely my computer, laptop, cell phone, and my dslr. I sound like a total teenager right now, but those are my connections towards what I do. Without it, I'd be making some pretty lame home videos... 

Which celebrities  make up artists that inspire you the most ?
Not necessarily any! I'm not one to follow celebrities like the Jenners or Miley (although I do admire their style). I get inspiration from shopping around and just seeing what trends are in.

What is the one item in your wardrobe you couldn't live without?
Well there is the obvious. Jeans. Underwear. T-shirt. But taking those out of the equation, probably my combat boots. I have the plain black "Troopa" style from Steve Madden. Literally the comfiest pair of boots and I wear them at least 6 times a week its sad.They are super old and beaten up since I've had them for almost a couple years, but they just keep looking better!

5 random facts about yourself. 
1. I'm incredibly socially awkward.
2. I hate bitches and I love pokemon.
3. I actually enjoy being behind the camera much more than in front. (explains my creativity & awkwardness)
4. I'm very simplistic and easily entertained. I can literally spend hours with my friends doing absolutely nothing.
5. If you can play guitar and you like boba I will marry you in a second.

Few things you really love about the place you live... 
Can we change this to hate? I live about an hour away from Los Angeles.. Im trapped in the middle of nowhere. I'd like to move sometime but I guess I get the luxury of living in a quiet area. 

Your best fashion / beauty buy
Besides my Steve Madden boots, probably my high top converse. I like comfy shoes that are still stylish. As of beauty, Covergirl Lash Blast Fusion Mascara. owwwmaghaad. Its amazing. I was not blessed in the eye lash department, and this mascara makes them look almost fake... in a good way.

Something that you really wanted but haven't got it
Probably a good staple pair of Doc Martens. I recently bought a burgundy pair, but a black pair would be nice for all year round. :)

Where are your favorite places to shop?
I admit. I'm a BBB.(basic brandy bitch). Yes I love Brandy Melville. Something always sucks me in. Their clothes are way to cute to pass up. Urban Outfitters would definitely be one of my top places, the prices are a bit iffy though. Definitely adore Buffalo Exchange. Its a high end thrift store & I always end up finding something great. 

If you could go anywhere in the world, where? Why?
I literally spend months at a time every year in Okinawa Japan, and I never get sick of it. I have family out there and its always great seeing them. For seeing new things, I'd love to go to Thailand. its gawjuss.

What are your beauty and makeup must haves?
Dry Shampoo! Yes. Eww. "Not Your Mother's" has a great one. I've bleached my hair so many times and washing it too often causes more damage so I like to give my hair a rest sometimes.

What is your favorite thing(s) to eat?
OH GAWSH. Boba. Pizza. Sushi. & anything grilled. 

You can't leave house without..
Wallet, cell phone & my cds to blast in the car 

What sites do you visit everyday?
Obviously youtube. But honestly besides that not so much anything else! Just my social media. Any spare time I have I try and use wisely.

Your favorite magazine is
Seventeen. I realize I'm 19 now but I bought a 5 year subscription when I was 14 and I still get them in the mail. Its my guilty pleasure.

What makes you laugh ?
Bitches and haters. Literally the highlight of my day.

What was the last thing you bought ?
Chipotle honestly ;) Fashion wise would be a good handful of sweaters that I bought from H&M and Forever 21. Gotta love em.

If your life could be a film, which would it be ?
That one weird one where a Japanese girl makes videos of herself. No... my life would definitely be the most terrible film imaginable. And it can't compare to any out there! hahaha

Who would you like to be reincarnated as ?
A human would be nice! Haha or a parrot. Who doesn't like parrots!?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments !