#196 : Fashion and Sounds

Name : Jessie
Social Site: blog
"I'm Jessie - a fashion designer and fashion blogger from Sydney, Australia. I love 90s fashion & indie music."

Have you got any beauty, makeup and hair tips and stylish secrets? 
Beauty; always use primer. 
Make up; only wear it when you have to, I don't wear make up to work because the less you wear make up the better your skin will be. 
Hair; dry shampoo is my life saver.

When did you first fall in love with fashion ?
In primary school when I was playing barbies with my next door neighbour 

What inspired you to start your own blog?
I felt like I needed an outlet to showcase my creativity aside from fashion design, I also wanted an online portfolio of my work in fashion design and my overall style.

What is the story behind your blog's name ?
I used the name 'Fashion and Sounds' as my original tumblr in 2008 because at the time I was in 'the scene' which involved alot of music gigs & along side fashion I loved music. I still do, but I just don't dress as emo! haha. I still want to incorporate a bit more music into the blog, but not sure how the readers will respond to it.

Who usually took your pictures ?
My friends

What's on your iPod / DVD player at the moment ?
Music; Lorde, CHVRCHES, Goldroom, Arctic Monkeys, Haim
TV; I just finished Game of Thrones & I just started watching Homeland

What are your dreams and aspirations?
I hope to one day start my own fashion label, travel the world and with any wealth that comes from that donate it back to a good cause like the A21 Campaign - an NGO against sex trafficking.

What do you take with you on vacation?
Depends where I'm going, but always dry shampoo, my face washes & moisturisers, lots of underwear, bikinis & flip flops.

Which designers and/or celebrities most inspire you?
Galliano is my fave designer or all time alongside McQueen. I don't follow celebrities so much but alot of bloggers inspire me such as Song of style, Rumi Neeley from Fashion Toast, Cassie Ho from Blogilates, Chiara from The Blonde Salad, Mandy from Oracle Fox, Nicole from Gary Pepper Girl & all Victoria's Secret Angels hehe. 

What is the one item in your wardrobe you couldn't live without?
My Leather Jacket 

Few things you really love about the place you live... 
Sydney is great because it is warm and most of my friends are here

Something that you really wanted but haven't got it
Stella McCartney shoes!

Where are your favorite places to shop?
Online - Nasty Gal, Asos & Urban Outfitters etc

If you could go anywhere in the world, where? Why?
Bora Bora - I've never been and it looks magical, I love the ocean and I love endless blues like the ocean.

What are your beauty and makeup must haves?
Primer & powder

You can't leave house without..
Lip gloss, phone & shoes

What sites do you visit everyday? 
lookbook, nasty gal, urban outfitters & facebook

What makes you laugh ?
My friends :)

What was the last thing you bought ?
Pad Thai Noodles - yummoo

If your life could be a film, which would it be ?
Clueless haha, a wardrobe full of clothes, nothing to wear and always boy problems. OK maybe not that dramatic but I love the 90s & the fashion.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments !